10 Tips for Making Thanksgiving Successful For Your short-term rental
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, many short-term rental managers are thinking about how to make this holiday a success. With the holiday season in full swing, Thanksgiving can be a stressful time for hosting guests. You may end up putting too much pressure on yourself, which will affect your health.
We know you want everything perfect, so we have found some great tips for making Thanksgiving a successful business day for you and your company.
Why Thanksgiving is a great day to be spent in a short-term rental
Thanksgiving is a day that celebrates the things we are thankful for. It is a time of love, family, and family time. But most of us can not afford a house to hold a dinner for so many people, so a staycation in a short-term rental is a great solution.
If you are afraid of getting a loud party and/or an extremely dirty kitchen, you should follow these tips:
1. Make sure guests have a proper in-person check-in. Smart locks are great for autocheck-in for regular days, but it is worth dedicating 30 minutes to this reservation on such a special day.
2. Explain in detail how the kitchen works if they will be cooking there and subtly let them know you expect to find things as clean as you leave them.
3. As you can imagine, every tip about nice shops that will be open for Thanksgiving around your place will be more than welcome.
4. If you have extra Thanksgiving decorations for them to borrow, they probably will fit your table better than whatever they bring from their home
5. Make sure you have enough cutlery and crockery for all the guests
The no-party policy
6. Be clear about your no-party policy, we want them to feel at home but respect the house as if they were in their in-law´s house.
7. If they are staying for more than one day, offer an in-stay cleaning service. They will be more than grateful to save the clean-up time and sharing the cleaning fee between the guests will make it very affordable.
8. Let them know where are the table games and/or a whiteboard to play, it will generate good memories and will avoid even the youngest to spend time on their screens
9. Prepare simple Thanksgiving Photo Booth Props with your logo or a QR code with your website or email. They will love it and will always have access to your contact in their pictures
10. Thank them for choosing to spend Thanksgiving in your place. This is the time of the year when we feel more comfortable thanking the people who make a difference in our lives. If they decide to book your place every year, it can be a game changer for your business and life.